As the new year dawns, people take stock of their lives and make resolutions that will hopefully have a positive impact on their lives. Maybe it’s time to consider some resolutions that can have an impact on penis health or sexual health? Even men who already practice decent penis health routines may benefit from thinking about what more they can do in this important area of their lives.
Here are some sexual health resolutions some men may want to consider. These are just a starting point, so feel free to add to them!
- Always use a condom. Unless a man is in a monogamous relationship, he definitely needs to use a condom – and even in a monogamous relationship, condoms should be employed if either partner has an existing transmissible disease or infection. Preventing STIs is arguably the most important thing a man can do for his sexual health.
- Don’t be afraid of the doctor. Men in general are less likely to visit a doctor than are women, and this seems to be especially the case when it comes to sexual health issues. A guy may notice a sore or blister on his penis and choose to not see a doctor because he’s afraid of what it may mean. Yet even when such signs lead to a diagnosis of an STI, it’s much better to know this information so appropriate treatment can be started to address the problem.
But regular visits to the doctor are important for sexual health even when the focus is not on the penis. Check-ups help the doctor keep a man’s heart healthy, his blood pressure in line, etc. – factors which impact his sexual health, even if the penis doesn’t seem to be directly involved. So don’t be afraid to check in with a physician regularly.
- Watch stress. Stress is one of the factors that can have a really big impact on sexual health (and health in general). Tension and anxiety have become increasing problems for men, and when a guy feels stressed, he may not have the sexual ability and/or drive that he would otherwise. Finding ways to relax, whether it’s through meditation, yoga, exercise or other means, is a great gift to give oneself.
- Use it. Since sex is on men’s minds a lot, it may seem odd to recommend that a man engage in sex more often. But sometimes men – either by choice or necessity – may experience lengthy stretches with no sex. But studies show the penis needs exercise just like other body parts in order to remain healthy. Some men feel guilty about masturbating, but solo activity can help to keep the penis in better health – and it’s one of the more enjoyable forms of exercise around!
- Watch the vices. Guys who are smokers or heavy drinkers should seriously work on cutting out the former and cutting down on the latter. Both of these activities have been shown to negatively affect penis health and performance.
- Crème it. A man’s sexual health is linked to his penis health, so one of the most important resolutions is to apply a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to the penis. A good penis health crème can help the penis look appealing, especially where the skin is concerned. When the crème contains a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E), the skin will be well moisturized and supple, rather than dry and patchy. If the crème also contains vitamin C, it will give a boost to collagen production, which is essential for penis health and firmness, making a man’s penis present in an even more impressive fashion.
Visit http://www.menshealthfirst.com for additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity and what to do to maintain a healthy penis. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous websites.